Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Having never experienced a water damage event on your residential or commercial property before, it can be difficult to know what steps to take following a loss. Water damage events can look very different. For some, a small refrigerator leak can cause a ton of damage to their Anaheim home. For others, a major flood can bring their business to a standstill. No matter the case, it is important to be prepared!
Review our Water Damage Tips down below to learn more about the dos and don'ts following a water loss. These tips are a great way to feel better prepared for a possible water damage event on your property!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (714) 533-1989
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.